Copyright Notice

Monday, October 21, 2013

NC State Fair with the Pana 20mm

1/6 @ f/5.6
We got a small window of freedom last Sunday, which allowed us a very, very short visit to the State Fair. I brought along my new Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens to get used to using it as my new walk-around lens.
Overall, I was pleased with the experience, even though using this lens will certainly take some getting used to. The format (fixed focal length, 40mm equiv) was ideal for walking around, just wide enough to show context in most photos, but not too wide as to cause noticeable distortions. The most problematic things were the slow auto-focus in dim light, and remembering that I now would have to resort to "zooming with my feet" to properly crop what I wanted to see.
My resulting photos weren't too interesting, as I wasn't "shooting" the fair, but simply using it as an excuse to experiment with the new lens. Still, from a technical standpoint, most turned out just fine.
A small gallery follows:



















No comments:

Post a Comment